2018 county and district winter squads announced
The Gloucestershire boys and girls county and district winter training squads have been selected.
To view each squad please click on the relevant age group below:
PLEASE NOTE – The Under 17 and Under 17 Development squads will be announced next week.
Players who didn’t attend final trials have NOT been named in the squads published today. If you were invited to a FINAL TRIAL and couldn’t attend you will have received notification of a final trial mop up date.
Gloucestershire Head of Talent Pathway Tim Hancock said:
“Yet again the quality of cricketers attending trials is improving year on year and we have received wonderful feedback from our coaches.
“Congratulations to everyone who has been successful, we look forward with helping you continue your development this winter. If you haven’t made a squad this year we would like to thank you for attending and encourage you to keep enjoying your cricket at your club. It was a great achievement to be nominated and we will continue to monitor performances at club and school level.”- Tim Hancock
Women and Girls Development Officer Lisa Pagett added: ”
As the women and girls game grows in both profile and numbers, we are seeing an ever-growing number of girls being nominated for trials which is fantastic. What this also means however, is that the competition for places is also rising.
“If you have been successful, congratulations and all details about the winter training programme, which starts in January, will follow in the next month. If unfortunately, you were unsuccessful this year, we would like to thank you for attending and encourage you to keep enjoying your cricket at your club. It is not unusual for girls not selected one year to return much stronger the following year to earn a performance squad place.”- Lisa Pagett
- If you have been selected you will receive an email with details of your training sessions (which start in January) in the next month.
- During the winter there will be the chance for movement both up and down, between district/development and county depending upon players’ performances.
- The GCB do not run an U10 Boys district competition therefore we have not named district squads at this age group. If your local district association chooses to run an U10 squad they will contact suitable U10 players who didn’t get into the county squad.
- Some boys district squads initially had very high numbers selected in them. In these cases we have put fringe players into another district squad which was lighter on numbers. In most cases we have tried to assign these players a training centre reasonably close to their home address.
- The Under 15 and Under 14 Boys Development Squads will no longer be split into north and south squads. Therefore we have selected one winter squad in each of these age groups.