Welcome to the Coach Education section of the website. Across these pages we hope to be able to answer any Coach Education related queries you may have or give you avenues to go to find out more information. Specifically we hope to be able to answer the following:
- What is the ECB Coach Education pathway and what courses are available? (below)
- How do I know which is the right course for me?
- What courses are available to me in Gloucestershire and Bristol and how do I book on?
- I am already a coach but need to renew my Safeguarding/First Aid or DBS check
ECB Coach Education Pathway
ECB Coach Education supports the development of coaches and coach developers at all levels of the game. Courses are designed to ensure coaches are able to provide players with the best possible experience of playing cricket and to have the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding of the game to help them fulfil their potential.
The ECB offers a range of world-leading learning experiences and qualifications to suit people coaching at all levels of the game, from those volunteering at their local club to professional coaches working in an elite, international environment.
All of the courses are designed around the players you work with and their stage of development. The courses are designed to be player-centred with the emphasis on training coaches to better meet the individual needs of their players. After the Coach Support Environment the Coach Education pathway is split into a young people and adults course (for those working with people aged 13 and older) and a coaching childrens course (for those coaching players under 13); this allows the coach to gain relevant information for the age range they are working with.
The Gloucestershire Cricket Board offer the following courses:
- Coach Support Environment Courses (Activator and Coach Support Worker)
- Certificate Course (UKCC2) and Modules in Young People & Adults
- Certificate Course (UKCC2) and Modules for Coaching Children
- Safeguarding/First Aid
The ECB provide the higher end Performance courses
- Performance Coaching (UKCC3)
- Elite Coaching (UKCC4)
For more important information on supporting the costs of coaching qualifications please see the following helpful guide; Funding Guide for Coaches