GCB Course Planner
Across the winter of 2016/2017 the GCB Coach Education team will offer a variety of courses at centres in both the North and South of the county.
This year the following will be available:
- Coach Support Worker Course
- Cricket Activator Course
- 2 x ECB Certificate in Coaching Children’s Cricket – UKCC Level 2
- 1 x ECB Certificate in Coaching Young People & Adult’s Cricket – UKCC Level 2
- Young People & Adults CPD workshops
- Coaching Teams
- Performance & Video Analysis
- Training Interventions & Methods
Coach Support Worker
These will be delivered at cricket clubs during the Spring and early Summer. The main reasons behind the change are:
- The course is more local and therefore it is hoped there will be greater take up.
- With no facility costs the course will be cheaper.
- By running the course in March/April/May it ensures that information learnt can be quickly transformed in to practice, without having to wait for the winter to pass.
If you are interested in hosting one of these at your club then please get in touch with Theresa Ellison.
The Cricket Activator course will be arranged for a school or club upon request. If you would like to hold a course at your club or school, you will firstly require a minimum of six candidates; these can be made up purely from your club or perhaps a few clubs coming together (max numbers 24). The course duration is six hours but this can be spread over two sessions of three hours or three sessions of two hours.
To enquire regarding holding a Cricket Activator course please contact Theresa Ellison.
ECB Certificate in Coaching Children’s Cricket (UKCC Level 2) – North (Gloucester Academy)
- Induction Evening – Tuesday 8th November 6pm-9pm at Cheltenham CC
- Day 1 – Saturday 12th November- 9am to 5pm
- Day 2 – Saturday 10th December- 9am to 5pm
- Day 3 – Saturday 14th January- 9am to 5pm
- Assessment -Saturday 18th March- 9am to 5pm
ECB Certificate in Coaching Young People and Adults’ Cricket (UKCC Level 2) – North (Gloucester Academy)
- Induction Evening – Tuesday 15th November 6pm-9pm at Cheltenham CC
- Day 1 – Saturday 19th November – 9am to 5pm
- Day 2 – Saturday 17th December – 9am to 5pm
- Day 3 – Saturday 21st January – 9am to 5pm
- Assessment – Saturday 25th March – 9am to 5pm
PLEASE NOTE: Once the course place has been booked and paid for, the GCB Office will be in touch with a full application and additional information, including that of ECBCA membership.
ECB Certificate in Coaching Children’s Cricket (UKCC Level 2) – South (Redland Green School)
- Induction Evening – Tuesday 22nd November 6pm-9pm at the Brightside Ground, Bristol
- Day 1 – Saturday 26th November – 9am-5pm
- Day 2 – Saturday 7th January – 9am-5pm
- Day 3 – Saturday 28th January – 9am-5pm
- Assessment – Saturday 8th April – 9am-5pm