At the beginning of 2013 it was announced by the ECB that they were going to work with County Boards in a different way for the next cycle of funding – October 2013 to September 2017. Previous years work had involved agreeing and setting targets in key areas and demonstrating 12 months later the results of the work; this is no longer and instead each County Board must now show that it has a clear Outcomes Framework and that it is ‘ready to invest’ in.
Why do we do what we do? This was the first question we challenged ourselves with. Answers that came were:
- ECB tell us to
- Additional funders tell us to
- Because we always have
- Because we feel we should
In partnership with the ECB it has been agreed that whilst an amount of money is still ring fenced for certain areas of work the remainder is in fact available to the GCB to work towards meeting its agreed outcomes. With this change in mind the GCB Directors set off to work with the ECB to produce a document that would:
- Compliment the existing Strategic Plan
- Provide the delivery team clear direction as to why they do the things that they do
- Enable clear engagement with other organisations and their strategic plans
With the above very much in everyone’s mind the GCB produced the framework that can be seen below. Seven clear outcomes – those in yellow being very much in support of the work GCB does for Cricket whilst the Orange outcomes are about the additional targeted benefits for the community.
Ready to Invest
In addition to producing an Outcomes Framework, and for the Board to receive investment from the ECB, it also has to:
- Produce insight led action plans.
- Thoroughly self assess all areas of its work and produce improvement action plans as a result.