INTRODUCTORY UMPIRING COURSES 2020
The 3-hour session covers the important (and contentious) laws, the role of umpires and captains in maintaining the spirit of the game, and the duty of care to all players, but especially those under 18. The courses are as follows:
- Wednesday April 1st at Cirencester CC 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Monday April 6th at Westbury-on-Severn CC 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Monday April 27th at Upton St.Leonards CC 6.30pm-9.30pm
There are three additional courses requested by clubs. If these venues are closer for you, you can attend one of these:
- Monday March 9th at Hawkesbury Upton 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Monday March 23rd at Woodpeckers CC 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- Monday April 20th at Gloucester CC 6.30pm – 9.30pm (provisional booking)
The cost of this training is just £10, including MCC Law Book and ECBACO certificate of attendance. Both GCCL and CDCA will pay this cost for 1 person for each team in their leagues and 4 for hosting clubs.
Registration is directly with Peter Sawyer, the GACU&S secretary by email to Peter Sawyer You can always call Peter on 01452 812 911 for more information. The deadline for booking is seven days before the course, as we need to know the numbers in advance, but late bookings may be accepted. We need a minimum of 10 people on each course to make it viable.
Bristol & South Gloucestershire clubs will be advised by the B&D about the intro courses. For more information please contact Bob Hampshire
Stage 1 & 2 Umpiring Courses 2020
“An Introduction to Cricket Umpiring,” it aimed at supporting players, coaches, parents who get asked to help out and anyone who just wants to know more about the key role umpires play in our great summer game.
The 3 hour session covers the important (and contentious) laws, the role of umpires and captains in maintaining the spirit of the game, and the duty of care to all players, but especially those under 18.
GACUS is running a series of courses in 2020:
- Stage 1 – Sunday 9th February at Bristol County Ground – 09:00-17:30
- Stage 2 – Sunday 16th February at Bristol County Ground – 09:00-17:30
- Stage 1 – Sunday 1st March at Hatherley & Reddings – 09:00-17:30
- Stage 2 – Sunday 8th March at Hatherley & Reddings – 09:00-17:30
- Stage 1 – Sunday 17th May – Dean Close School – 09:00-17:30
- Stage 2 – Sunday 24th May – Dean Close School – 09:00-17:30
If you are serious about umpiring and want to learn more, we strongly recommend that you sign up for both days. Each day costs just £30, but if you sign up for Stage 2 as well you get a £20 discount.
To register, please visit the ECB website. Click on “Find a Course” at the top and scroll down until your reach one of our courses. Clicking “more info” will allow you to register. We look forward to seeing you!
Applications for Membership
The ECB is inviting applications for membership from umpires and scorers who wish to join the ECB Association of Cricket Officials (ACO). In joining the ECB ACO you automatically become a member of GACO.
Membership is open to all umpires and scorers including those outside England and Wales. If you would like to obtain an application form for membership to the ECB ACO please download one here ECB-ACO Membership Form 2020
Want to Stand?
If you are an umpire who is available and keen to get involved in umpiring throughout the county then please contact the secretary of GACO Dave Hull
Gloucestershire is always on the lookout for new umpires and we would be delighted to welcome new members.