The Gloucestershire Cricket Board are delighted to announce Laura Charles-Price as our new Women’s and Girls’ Development Officer.
We are pleased to welcome Laura to the team, who follows in the footsteps of Lisa Pagett who, after 10 years with the GCB, has moved on to become Western Storm’s Regional Director of Cricket.
Laura comes to Gloucestershire with significant experience of Women’s and Girls’ Cricket, both from recreational cricket and performance cricket perspectives, after working as the Women’s and Girls’ Development Officer (South West Wales) in her previous role at Cricket Wales.
Laura’s main responsibilities include…
- Be the point of contact for women’s & girls’ cricket in the specific area of participation
growth, clubs and workforce development.
- Maximise the girls only opportunities at cricket clubs through the All Stars and Dynamos Cricket programmes.
- Work with cricket clubs to set up girl’s sections at U11, U13 and U15 age groups.
- Maintain and develop existing year-round Women & Girls playing offers.
- Identify local opportunities to engage women to give cricket a try and take part in Women’s Soft ball Festivals.
- Develop and grow the women’s & girls’ workforce across the county.
- Coordinate and deliver the Secondary Girls programme that links into club U13/U15 girls’ teams.
- Review insight date from All Stars and Dynamos Cricket to enable further growth in the girls’ game across the county.
- Further drive the success of the soft ball programme and create sustainability at those clubs
- Lead on the Gloucestershire Women & Girls Development group.
- Support the Regional Centre, Western Storm, in creating role models and creating touch points in the county.
- Maintain and create close relationships with clubs, local authorities, leagues, Chance to Shine, ECB, women’s community groups, other National Governing Bodies and other new partners where appropriate.
We look forward to working with Laura and achieving the goals for Women’s and Girls’ Cricket as set out in the GCB’s ‘Inspiring Gloucestershire Strategy 2020-2024’.
Laura will be the main point of contact for all things Women’s and Girls’ and can be contacted as follows…
Mobile – 07554 452226