As COVID-19 continues to impact us all, LV= General Insurance and the ECB have partnered to bring to life a £1million fund – #Funds4Runs – providing financial support across the grassroots cricket community, giving free cricket places for children in deprived areas. The scheme is now open and clubs who meet the criteria can apply for grant support between £1,000 – £3,000.
The fund will be focused on recovering and rebuilding the lives of children across four key areas:
- Those from deprived backgrounds
- Those from diverse communities
- Those within disability groups
- Those taking part in women’s and girls’ programmes
Additionally, the fund ties into three core ECB objectives:
- Connecting communities and improving lives through cricket
- Increasing the relevance of cricket locally with non-cricket stakeholders
- Growing long-term engagement with cricket in communities
Types of recreational cricket activity that will be considered under the Scheme:
- All Stars Cricket
- Dynamos Cricket
- Competition / Tournament (not already funded by ECB)
- Summer School programmes
Whilst this is not an exhaustive list, applications for the grant funding to be used towards costs that directly relate to the delivery of recreational cricket activity to one or more of the user groups outlined above, as follows:
- Facility or venue hire
- All Stars Cricket (No of places @ £40 per head) (max 50 per venue)
- Dynamos Cricket (No of places @ £40 per head) (max 50 per venue)
- Staff Costs (Qualified coaches @ £20 per hour x No of hours)
- Staff Costs (Volunteer expenses @ up to £25 per person per day)
- Admin and Project Marketing Costs
- Playing Equipment – Kwik Cricket, Softball, Hard Ball (excludes All Stars & Dynamos as equipment included)
- Coaching Equipment – Cones, Bibs, Bean Bags, Windballs
- T-shirts (excludes All Stars & Dynamos as shirts included)
- Trophies, Medals
- Catering – e.g. snacks, soft drinks, food for end of event BBQ
- Any other related expenditure
- Purchase of non-essential goods / equipment e.g. bowling machines, AV equipment
How can my club or centre get involved?
Financial support from #Funds4Runs will be accessible to affiliated clubs, All Stars Cricket centres, community organisations and County Cricket Boards.
Interested clubs/organisations can download and fill out the Expression of Interest (EOI) form below for #Funds4Runs following the details provided.
Please read the guidance notes and FAQs before filling out the EOI form.
The ECB will oversee the administration and determine financial approval while working collaboratively with local counties to ensure priorities in their local areas are met.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org