This new fund aims to help community sport clubs, including cricket clubs who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
What they will fund
The fund has been developed to help clubs meet their obligations, in particular fixed costs, which are no longer supported with revenue as a result of coronavirus. This might cover expenditure on:
- Utility costs
- Facility or equipment hire
- Core staffing costs (including casual workers) that cannot be met elsewhere by other government funds
- Retrospective losses dating from 1 March, 2020
What the funding can’t be used for
Funding cannot be used for:
- Activities or costs which are already covered by other government funding, including rates
- New activities or events – see our other funding programmes
- Capital works
- Costs beyond the end of July 2020
How much they will fund
Awards between £300 and £10,000.
This walk-through will take Cricket Clubs through the application process for Sport England’s Community Emergency Fund.
Application Form Question List
Use the button below to download the Sport England Community Emergency Fund Question List.
More information about the fund, including frequently asked questions (FAQs) can be found on the Sport England Community Emergency Find Page.
This fund has been paused due to the significant number of applications.
Should the fund reopen, we will inform lead officers at clubs.
For more information or assistance, please contact:
Mobile – 07554 452228