The Gloucestershire Cricket Board Coaches Association (GCBCA) is the county’s arm of the national England and Wales Cricket Board Coaches Association (ECBCA).
The purpose of ECBCA is to inspire participation and maximise performance of cricket coaches and players. Members come from all levels of the game, right from the England team downwards, and have somewhere to turn to get the ongoing support all coaches need in order to be the best they can be.
Nationally, the ECB Coaches Association offers a range of products and services that help you to support players. Your membership will provide access to the latest thinking and developments through our resources, invitations to workshops, networking with like-minded coaches as well as being able to wear the three lions on their clothing.
As an ECB CA member (full or associate) you will have access to the latest thinking, insight and practical ideas from coaches and players at the top level of the game in a number of different forms.
Join today and access a range of benefits which you can access through your on icoachcricket account.
- Public Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property – £5,000.000 – limit of indemnity
- Employer’s Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to helpers in coaching sessions – £10,000,000 – limit of indemnity
- Personal Accident – A range of benefits from Accidental Death at £20,000 to cost of repair of spectacles or dentures – £300
- Legal Expenses – Recently introduced to provide additional protection for the members in respect of various, potential, legal actions
- Legal and Tax Helpline – Advice on any legal/tax matter 24 hours a day 365 days a year
2. Gloucestershire Coaching Workshops
The GCB CA deliver regular workshops to help support and develop coaches working at all levels. In the recent past, these have included Spin Bowling workshops with Gloucestershire Head Coach, Richard Dawson, Fielding workshops with former Gloucestershire player and England Fielding Coach, Chris Taylor, Batting workshops with Head of Talent Pathway, Tim Hancock and Fast Bowling workshops with, Mark Thorburn.
Coaches who sign up to become a member of the ECBCA will automatically become a member of the GCBCA. The GCBCA support local coaches by delivering workshops and development opportunities for Gloucestershire’s coaches.
3. Videos on iCoachCricket
- Wings to Fly – videos featuring the latest coaching methods, applicable to coaches at all levels of the game
- CA inspire – a unique insight from leading coaches and players. Click here to view an CA inspire teaser.
4. Publications on iCoachCricket
- Hitting the Seam – a magazine including practical ideas and the latest news from the coaching community – Click here to download a sample.
- Coaches Matter – regular bulletins containing technical information and practices for coaches to share with players – Click here to download a sample.
- Coaching Insight – a publication offering technical bulletin round-ups and articles on coaching – Click here to download a sample.
Membership of the Coaches Association is now available in two forms – Full and Associate.
Full Member (£30 per year)
- To hold a minimum of Level 1 Coaching Award or an ECB Level 1 NCA Teaching Award
- An up-to-date ECB DBS Check – contact your County Cricket Board to begin an application
Associate Member (£25 per year)
There are no criteria to become an associate member, it is open to everyone interested in cricket coaching.
Both full and associate members must abide by the ECB Coaches Code of Conduct. Click here for details.