Coaching children is a challenging and enormously rewarding role. Players need expertise, support and passion at every level of their development; this course is designed with your players’ needs at its core.
In turn, the experiences, tasks, practices and sharing of ideas which you experience during the course are designed to help equip you with the tools you need to meet your players’ needs.
Just as players learn quickly, so do coaches. The challenge for all coaches is to learn as they develop, just as players do.
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for coaches who are going to coach children from six to 13 years of age. They may be new coaches, existing UKCC1/ECB L1 or Young Person and Adult coaches who wish to access ‘child specific’ content.
Candidates must be at least 17 years of age (learners may attend the course and assessment if they are over 17 years of age; however, due to the level of responsibility associated with the role, they will not be certificated until they are 18 years of age).
Coaches will be required to attend an induction evening and eight three hour modules (usually across four days) and complete six sessions of supported practice usually in your own club coaching environment.
Pre-requisites for Certification
- 18 years of age
- Current emergency aid certificate
- Current Safeguarding Young Cricketers certificate or equivalent
- Disclosure and Barring Service check through ECB
Over the duration of the course you can expect to explore the following questions…
- What is the role of a children’s coach and what does good children’s coaching look like?
- What sorts of skills can children learn in cricket coaching sessions?
- How can I develop my own coaching philosophy and why is it important?
- What tools do I need to learn from experiences?
- How do children learn?
- What are the players’ needs and how can I help to meet them?
- What are the different types of practice and what skills do they develop?
- What tools can I use to help players learn in my coaching session?
- How can I adapt my coaching session depending on the practice type and what skills players are learning?
For more information, please contact:
Mobile – 07554 455738