Foundation 1 Coach
The entry level qualification for cricket coaching in England and Wales makes becoming a coach more accessible.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe. An ECB Foundation 1 Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
Foundation 1 Coach courses are now live in Gloucestershire, use the button below to find a course near you.
The course is made up of 4 face-to-face modules (highlighted in orange) lasting three hours each and 7 bitesize e-learning modules (in blue).
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- ECB DBS required to begin application
- Four face-to-face modules lasting three hours each
- Seven bitesize e-learning modules
- Assessment – three observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and an online multiple-choice questionnaire
Pre-requisites for certification
- Valid safeguarding certificate (e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers)
- ECB DBS
- 18 years of age