The entry level qualification for cricket coaching in England and Wales has been designed to make becoming a coach more accessible.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe. An ECB Foundation 1 Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- ECB DBS required to begin application
- Four face-to-face modules lasting three hours each
- Seven bitesize e-learning modules
- -Assessment – three observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and an online multiple-choice questionnaire
Pre-requisites for certification
- Valid safeguarding certificate (e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers)
- ECB DBS
- 18 years of age