The GCB is proud to jointly launch ‘Together Through This Test’, a nationwide campaign to shine a light on how the cricket family has reached out to local communities during COVID-19.
The campaign will highlight some of the unsung heroes from across the professional and recreational game as well as providing updates on, as well as launching new, cricket-led initiatives that the general public can get involved in to help support their local community.
More than 200 campaigns have already been launched across cricket in England and Wales from volunteers at local clubs embarking on long-distance charity runs to players, coaches and staff at first-class counties phoning members to check on their wellbeing.
Cricket Clubs and Individuals from across the County have been making a difference in their communities…
- Stapleton CC – have created and sent out coaching videos for their junior membership to try at home
- Hanham CC – did a live online draw that supported local partners and sponsors
- Dumbleton CC – are running a weekly online quiz which has kept members engaged and in touch with each other
- Hatherley & Reddings CC – organised a ‘Virtual Gold Cup’ that raised a good amount of money for the club
- Bradley Stoke CC – created a catching video that included a large number of junior, senior and women members
- Langford CC & Hatherley & Reddings CC – organised a virtual pre-season friendly on ‘Cricket 19’
- Chipping Sodbury CC – Chairman Andy Shield is volunteering for the local Yate and Sodbury Covid-19 group, a body of volunteers helping the vulnerable and those in self isolation in the local community
- Cinderford CC – Club Coach Keith Smith has produced a series of All Stars Cricket videos to keep children active and engaged with cricket.
We’ve listed a few examples, but know there is so much more brilliant work going on around the County. Please let us know so we can add to this list. Email Chris Munden
An initiative to recognise & thank all the NHS Staff and Key Workers from the Glos Cricket Family who are working on the frontline to save lives and support us. Click here to find out how your club can get involved and say a big ‘thank you’ to key members.
ECB Covid-19 Resource Hub
The ECB has set up a COVID-19 resource hub on to offer assistance, focussing on:
- Providing physical and mental health support to the general public, with NHS information, a Vitality ‘Fit 4 Cricket’ series and a Lord’s Taverners online hub for cricket-based activities
- Delivering fun and educational interactive resources for children in partnership with Chance to Shine
- Supporting the recreational game by providing emergency funds and resources
ECB Resource Hub
Here you can find everything you need to know about how the cricket community is coming together and what you can do to get involved.
This hub is not only a resource to help people during lockdown but will also provide information and support to the cricket community when cricket is phased back into society. The ECB and wider cricket network will be launching and supporting further initiatives in the coming weeks including:
- The Together through this Test auction launching tomorrow (22 May) at 15:00 running until Friday 29th May at 15:00. Run by Nottinghamshire CCC and involving all 18 First Class Counties, the MCC and the Professional Cricketers Association, it will raise money for local charities across England and Wales. The auction will be hosted on http://www.cricketauction.co.uk
- #DesignOurShirt competition, in partnership with New Balance, inviting kids to create a new England shirt
- #RaiseTheBat, an out-of-home campaign using billboards to celebrate key workers from the cricket family
- ‘Safe Haven’, a programme offering club grounds as safe spaces for elderly and vulnerable people to exercise as lockdown eases
- A nationwide campaign when lockdown lifts, in partnership with NatWest, to help the cricket network get back on its feet and recognise the challenge we have overcome
In addition, 5 to 11-year-old children and their parents can access nine weeks’ worth of curriculum-based educational resources covering topics from maths & English to art & PE, delivered in partnership with Chance to Shine.