Clubs can receive £100 worth of food and drink by signing up to hold a Club Open Day this summer.
The ECB initiative – run in partnership with Waitrose – is designed to help clubs host an event to attract more children and families to the game.
Holding an Open Day can also help recruit new volunteers, members and players, with more than 4,000 new people playing cricket as a result of last year’s scheme.
The events heighten presence in the local community and helped raise £650,000 across the 1200 clubs who took part in 2015.
Benefits of holding a Club Open Day:
- £100 worth of food and drink from your local Waitrose*.
- Access to an online toolkit to help publicise the day- including posters, leaflets and social media images. All can be personalised and feature the club logo.
- An event goodie box with bunting, balloons, aprons, t-shirts, cups and plates.
- Chance to host an event for new families and children.
- Increase the club’s presence in the community and attract sponsors.
- Be one of many clubs delivering an Club Open day in July/August in 2016.
What are you waiting for? Sign up today!
*If the club is located WITHIN a 15 mile radius of a Waitrose store, they will receive £100 to spend.
If the club is located OUTSIDE a 15 mile radius of a Waitrose store, they will receive a £100 John Lewis voucher which can be used to purchase goods online from John Lewis and/or Waitrosecellar.com.
**The £100 Waitrose vouchers and event goodie box are subject to the first 1500 cricket clubs that register for club open days by the 20th June 2016. The benefits above will only be eligible to clubs that host events between the 27th May and 4th September 2016.