Gloucestershire clubs playing in the West of England Premier League (WEPL) can apply for up to £1,500 for new grounds machinery through a new funding scheme.
The WEPL Club Machinery Fund has been launched to help clubs with pitch and outfield preparation and maintenance.
- The fund is open to all 2019 WEPL clubs.
- Any item of grounds machinery considered including rollers and mowers.
- Clubs can apply from now until March 10 (see below).
- Machinery can be new or second hand but must come with a minimum 12-month guarantee.
- It will need to be purchased and evidence provided by October 1 2019.
- Funding will not be given retrospectively for machinery already purchased.
How much can we apply for?
Up to a maximum of £1,500 per club and no more than a 50% contribution to the total cost of the project/product. WEPL also has an interest free loan scheme for clubs of up to £2,000 which clubs would be welcome to apply for at the same time as the Machinery Fund.
How do we apply?
- Complete the electronic application form
- Attach at least two quotations for the machinery in an email to Allan Taylor email@example.com confirming that you have also completed the electronic application form
How will WEPL decide which clubs to fund?
A WEPL panel will make and communicate the decisions by the 15th March 2019. Decisions on which clubs are successful will be based on applications meeting the criteria for the fund, a fair geographical spread, the perceived need of the club and whether the club received funding from the WEPL Improvement fund* (2016-18).
If we are successful when we will we get the funding?
WEPL will distribute funds to successful applicants once decisions have been made and clubs have signed and returned documentation regarding the funding.
*Clubs who received funding from the WEPL Improvement fund are still eligible to apply but if all other application elements are equal, priority will be given to clubs who haven’t previously received such funding from WEPL.